April 3- PTA Officer Nominations Due
April 3-7- Book Fair
April 5- PTA Board Meeting 5:45pm
April 10-14- Spring Break
April 25- Chipotle Spirit Night 4-8
May 5- International Festival
May 12- Field Day
May 18- Skateland Skate Night 6:30-9
(Stagecoach Trail Location)
Do you know a Brooks Global parent, grandparent, or other PTA member who would make a great PTA leader? Do you have interests or skills that could benefit the students of Brooks Global Studies?
Do you want to be more involved with the school and make a difference?
The Brooks Global PTA Nominating Committee is accepting nominations for the 2017-2018 Brooks Global PTA Board of Directors. If you are interested in a position for next year, please send your name, child's name and teacher, contact information, and position in which you are interested to Rosylin Totten at
email@example.com or (336) 509-7649 (cell) by
WEDNESDAY APRIL 5th!!!
If you know other PTA members who would make great leaders, please send their information. The Nominating Committee will contact them to determine if they are interested in a position. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Here are the positions on the Brooks Global PTA Board of Directors:
- Preside at all meetings of general membership & board of directors at which she/he may be present or designate another officer to preside when she/he is not present
- Coordinate the work of the officers, the board and the committees of this local PTA
- Perform such other duties as may be provided for by the bylaws or assigned to her/him by this local PTA or by the board of directors
- Sign all contracts of this local PTA that have been approved by the board
- Be an ex officio voting member of all committees except the nominating committee
- Shall perform duties requested by the president and board of directors
- In the event of a vacancy in the office of president, the VP (or VPs acting together) shall assume the duties of the president until a new president is elected
- Record the minutes of all meeting of the general membership and board of directors
- Perform other delegated duties as may be assigned
- Maintain a file of important documents related to the local PTA (noted in the bylaws document pg 7)
- At the end of their term, secretary shall transfer file of important documents to successor
- Collect, deposit and maintain all funds of this local PTA in approved depositories
- Disburse funds in accordance with the annual budget adopted by this local PTA & maintain records identifying the purpose & payee of all disbursements
- Maintain current record of income, expenditures, assets & liabilities of this local PTA and make all financial records available for inspection and review by audit committee
- Present financial report each general meeting & board of directors meeting
- Remit dues to NCPTA
- Prepare a year-end financial report by June 30
- File all required tax documents
- At the end of term, transfer all financial records to audit committee by July 1.
We are trying to provide a Field Day shirt for EVERY student!
We are soliciting sponsors from our families in order to make this happen. For $50 your student or family name can be on the back of all of our field day shirts.
Spaces limited- FORM
The International Festival is coming!
It will be on Friday May 5th!
We are looking for items for our raffle baskets. We will be collecting items in the office throughout the month of March.
Please send in items like
candy & chocolates
soaps & lotions
crackers & cookies
small kitchen utensils
small kitchen linens
small bath linens
Celebrate Cultures and Customs from around the world
Do you have a passion for a certain country? Why not show what you know by hosting a booth at this year's International Festival!
We are looking for volunteers to share the culture and customs for their country of choice. We encourage volunteers to showcase a strong sense of culture in the country they are representing. (I.e. clothing, religion, schools, etc....)
If you would like to host a booth or just find out more about hosting a booth, please contact Heather Sligh at firstname.lastname@example.org
DO YOU MAKE A CRAFT?
JEWELRY - ART - KNITTING & CROCHET
... ANYTHING HANDMADE BY YOU!!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A CRAFTER LIKE YOU!!
This year the International Festival committee will host a
handmade craft marketplace for Brooks Global Studies
Any grade level students, K-5, can apply to have their crafts sold during the festival.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE FILL OUT AN
APPLICATION FROM BELOW. ALL APPLICATIONS
ARE DUE BY MARCH 30, 2017, PLEASE TURN IN
TO THE OFFICE.
A PARENT'S APPROVAL IS REQUIRED. LATE APPLICATIONS
CANNOT BE ACCEPTED!
Spaces are limited, so get your application in today!
BE CREATIVE and HAVE FUN!!
If you have any question, please contact Elizabeth Wall (Volinski):
email@example.com or 336-202-6765
Package A price has not changed and this year all
pre-orders will include the student's name and photo on the front cover of the book!
Flyers to come home in Monday folders very soon.
Order online until the end of January for an ADDITIONAL 10% discount
www.ybpay.com and job# 11082217.
Questions - please contact Paula Lineberry firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 336-392-3868
Volunteers needed for Brooks Book Exchange!
Please arrive at 7:35 to set up as the students arrive.
For each book brought in, give the student a card. They will return the card once they find a book they want. There is no limit on the number of books they can bring in. We ask that they are not board or activity books. Be sure to check for library books as well!
Start loading the cart when the 7:55bell rings and remind the children to hurry so they won't be tardy for class. You can reach me by cell/text at 336-493-1661.
It will be helpful if you can sign up for the same time each month if you can. Thank you in advance! I will be there most mornings as well.
JOIN THE PTA
Anyone can join the PTA! Parents, Grandparents, Students, and Siblings
It's Easy! Fill out a Membership Form and Return to Brooks with cash or check
If you have a question about an event or to add something to the newsletter,
please email Jaime Bunnell