At Brooks we value the diversity of our students and families and would like to encourage all of you to become involved in our PTA.
It may seem overwhelming to think about a large time commitment but any amount of time helps.
If you or someone you know is interested in being a part of the PTA Board for the 2017-2018 year please fill out a form or email Rosilyn
Do you know a Brooks Global parent, grandparent, or other PTA member who would make a great PTA leader? Do you have interests or skills that could benefit the students of Brooks Global Studies?
Do you want to be more involved with the school and make a difference?
The Brooks Global PTA Nominating Committee is accepting nominations for the 2017-2018 Brooks Global PTA Board of Directors. If you are interested in a position for next year, please send your name, child's name and teacher, contact information, and position in which you are interested to Rosylin Totten at
firstname.lastname@example.org or (336) 509-7649 (cell) by
WEDNESDAY APRIL 5th!!!
If you know other PTA members who would make great leaders, please send their information. The Nominating Committee will contact them to determine if they are interested in a position. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Here are the positions on the Brooks Global PTA Board of Directors:
- Preside at all meetings of general membership & board of directors at which she/he may be present or designate another officer to preside when she/he is not present
- Coordinate the work of the officers, the board and the committees of this local PTA
- Perform such other duties as may be provided for by the bylaws or assigned to her/him by this local PTA or by the board of directors
- Sign all contracts of this local PTA that have been approved by the board
- Be an ex officio voting member of all committees except the nominating committee
Vice President (1st and/or 2nd): we have traditionally had 2 VPs but not required
- Shall perform duties requested by the president and board of directors
- In the event of a vacancy in the office of president, the VP (or VPs acting together) shall assume the duties of the president until a new president is elected
- Record the minutes of all meeting of the general membership and board of directors
- Perform other delegated duties as may be assigned
- Maintain a file of important documents related to the local PTA (noted in the bylaws document pg 7)
- At the end of their term, secretary shall transfer file of important documents to successor
- Collect, deposit and maintain all funds of this local PTA in approved depositories
- Disburse funds in accordance with the annual budget adopted by this local PTA & maintain records identifying the purpose & payee of all disbursements
- Maintain current record of income, expenditures, assets & liabilities of this local PTA and make all financial records available for inspection and review by audit committee
- Present financial report each general meeting & board of directors meeting
- Remit dues to NCPTA
- Prepare a year-end financial report by June 30
- File all required tax documents
- At the end of term, transfer all financial records to audit committee by July 1.